Search

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Two Months Out of University

Time doesn't fly when you are studying for exams, writing papers and doing homework. But it also doesn't fly when you are not doing that too. It's only been two months and I feel as of it was half a year!

and for the first time, I have empirical evidence that: 'yes, sherif did learn and became better'. And this proof comes from an academic institution actually, which only makes it better ;)

From the moment I paused university till today, I can say I worked on:
- study buddy creativity center (www.studybuddylb.com),
- helpleb (helpleb.com)
-Vida
-Civil War Museum (although not as much as I wanted)
-Teaching IC students about entrepreneurship once a week.

And my story today is about a university that helped me prove to some that what I did can still be seen as good in the eyes of the 'BA Holder'.

Well, one of the things I always wanted to do with my life was to design beautiful objects that work really well, in an attempt to make peoples lives better and the world a better place. An that's what I call industrial design. Before I graduated from school, I applied to Central Saint Martins to do Product Design. That was in 2009. I showed them my ideas on paper during the interview and I was so excited. But I didn't get accepted into the course.

Two years later, I applied and I got an interview. This time I showed them ideas but I also showed them real results. I showed them how some of those ideas are real, to an extent.

The interview took place on february first right after my trip to India. I am happy to say that I got accepted at Central Saint Martins to follow the course that I always wanted. I went out of the interview room that day and for the first time in my life, I cried, because of something good, because of something I wanted to happen.

My parents are ok with the idea of sending me to London. We are figuring out how to exactly pay for tuition and living expenses, so I'm looking for a scholarship and possibly a small loan.

But anyway, London, I can't wait to meet you. And I can't wait to study what I always wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment